by scr00chy · Published 2019-04-15 · Updated 2019-04-19
Welcome to the first installment of a new series of articles exploring the rich history of SpaceX through interesting, informative and fun stories, as told by SpaceX and NASA employees, investors and others.
In this video from 2015, former SpaceX employee Brian Mosdell will tell you about the construction of launch pad SLC-40 at Cape Canaveral back in 2008. The most interesting aspect of the story is how SpaceX had to be very scrappy and resourceful, reusing old hardware to keep the costs down. In the end, SpaceX managed to construct the pad for much less than what it cost to build a nearby Delta 4 pad.
Sadly, SLC-40 was then destroyed in September 2016 during the Amos-6 mishap and had to be pretty much completely rebuilt in 2017.
by scr00chy · Published 2021-05-04 · Last modified 2023-08-04
by Vlastimil Švancara · Published 2019-09-27
by scr00chy · Published 2019-04-15 · Last modified 2019-08-18
Δdocument.getElementById( ak_js_1 ).setAttribute( value, ( new Date() ).getTime() );
Δdocument.getElementById( ak_js_2 ).setAttribute( value, ( new Date() ).getTime() );
- SpaceX Launch Manifest – Aug 10, 22:19
- Documents – Aug 10, 15:21
- SpaceX Smallsat Rideshares – Aug 10, 07:50
- Overview of Falcon Boosters – Aug 8, 13:59
- Past Falcon Launches – Aug 8, 05:00
- SpaceX Statistics – Aug 8, 05:00
- SpaceX Booster Landings – Aug 8, 04:25
- List of Falcon Static Fires – Aug 8, 04:25
- SpaceX Fairing Recoveries – Aug 7, 08:43
- List of Dragon Capsules – Aug 6, 10:27
- List of Dragon Crews – Aug 4, 10:03
- SpaceX Mission Patches – Aug 2, 08:00
- scr00chy on Falcon rockets use three configurations of their upper stage. How are they different?Interesting theory. I think SpaceX themselves said the shorter nozzle red...
- Lance on Falcon rockets use three configurations of their upper stage. How are they different?Are we sure it's a cost-saving measure instead of a G-force-reducing meas...
- scr00chy on Falcon rockets use three configurations of their upper stage. How are they different?Yes, they use a Merlin Vacuum engine with a shorter nozzle on some missio...
- Ramiro Rivero on Falcon rockets use three configurations of their upper stage. How are they different?Thank you! Is it known if there are also any differences with the engines...
- scr00chy on SpaceX Launch ManifestIs that confirmed?
- Themine on SpaceX Launch ManifestI think USSF-31 will use FH
- Richard J Gauthier on SpaceX Mission PatchesWhere can I purchase the Iridium patches?
ElonX.net © 2023. All Rights Reserved.